Thursday, February 24, 2011

Barbie Turns 53..

I will always remember one of the best parts of my childhood. BARBIE. I think I can safely say that along with every other little girl, Barbie was the love of my life. So, you can imagine my excitement when I happened to come across these many articles and photos of every little girl's dream come true.

A Real Life Barbie Malibu Dream House.



March 9th marks Barbie's 53rd birthday, and I figured since it is only a few weeks away I would celebrate by sharing this great fantasy home with you. Designed by Johnathan Adler this home is full of spunk and covered in the famous Barbie pink.




I love the signature Barbie "B" rug below. If you look behind the feathers you can see a mirror on the opposite wall. However, this is NOT a mirror you would come to find in any designer home. I have a close up shot below. Too funny!



Barbie Silhouettes in the high gloss black ornate frames.



I would have to say this living room is my favorite. These tutu skirted chairs with the collage of Barbie and the lace up back similar to a corset remind me of something Betsey Johnson would design.

The focal point of this room is the chandelier made out of Barbie hair. An over the top, out there, piece of decor. I never imagined something like this in my Barbie dream house ;)


Tomorrow is FRIDAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment