Thursday, February 9, 2012

Shall We?

This weekend my best friend Amy is hosting a Valentine's Day cookie decorating party...how sweet! All of our girlfriends are getting together to sip a few drinks and relish in all our creative glory - and I can hardly wait! So naturally, I've been dreaming of what I want my cookies to look like since I got the e-vite she sent out a few weeks back. I'm thinking I want to do a smooth icing (similar to the cookies below) and possibly even make a few conversation hearts!

Conversation hearts bring me back to Elementary school when you would make a little Valentine's day box and all your classmates would fill it with cards, candy, and treats! It was my favorite time of year. I'm exstatic to attempt to re-create this past time this weekend. See the recipie that Emily from Cupcakes and Cashmere followed for her icing below. I will definitely try this with my Grandma Brue's sugar cookie recipe - YUM.

It's almost the weekend - hooray!

conversation heart-1
Royal Icing:

In a bowl of an electric mixer combine:

4 cups sifted powdered sugar

3 TB meringue powder

10 TB of warm water

Beat for 8 minutes on low speed

4. Divide icing into several bowls and add food coloring to each.

5. Transfer frosting to pastry bags or into squirt bottles (my preference).

6. Outline cookies and then fill the inside using the pastry tip as a way to add and spread the frosting as you go.

7. Add sprinkles/edible pearls/sanding sugar before the frosting sets.

Images via Cupcakes and Cashmere

1 comment:

  1. Those cookies are so cute! Can't wait to see how yours turn out. You might have to save me one :)

    Mandy
    Kini Style & The Klury Report

    ReplyDelete