Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Short & Sweet

I remember when I was a little girl and learning how to spell the word February. It proved to be one of the harder words I learned that year until my mom taught me this funny little trick.

"Honey, just pretend you are going to spell our last name without the E", she would say.

"Fe-BRU-ary?" I finally wrote

I honestly think of that day every. single. time. I. write. the. word. Silly...? Maybe! But I love remembering things from my childhood. It boggles my mind that something that I learned almost 20 years still comes to mind. Happy February everyone! May this month be filled with candy hearts and lots of hugs for all.

tumblr_lypq2bO6Rp1r6b2mso1_500-1

Image via Pinterest

1 comment:

  1. That's cute!! And these cupcakes look dang good!

    ReplyDelete