Tuesday, March 20, 2012

My Sunday Craft

I have been yearning over the Kate Spade Cloverdale Vase from a few seasons back, and much to my dismay it is very hard to find since it's been discontinued not to mention the high price point. So, I decided I would attempt to re-create the vase myself in a little Sunday DIY. I think it came out pretty cute, and only cost me the price of the vase (TJ Maxx $2.99).

4517746704_ebf70c3b0e_o-1

What I used:

Gold Paint (Liquitex from Michael's)

Gold Marker to trace circles on vase before painting

If I had a chance to do it again I probably would use stencils in order to get the circles perfectly even and paint spread smoothly - but overall I love my new vase and I'm proud to say it claims a home on our living room shelf!

A perfect pop for our fresh spring flowers!

Images via 1 & my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. This is the coolest Idea! love it! I am including this project(with a link back to your blog) in my polka dot projects round-up! It will be posted tomorrow on my blog: randrworkshop.blogspot.com

    Rachel @ R & R Workshop

    ReplyDelete