Sunday, August 19, 2012

Sunday Snapshot: Grilled Artichokes

One of my favorite summertime snacks is preparing grilled artichokes. If you know me, you know that I am literally obsessed with these yummy super foods! Today I decided I would share my secret methods and how I perfected my very own dipping sauce. Enjoy!

image1
Total Cooking Time: 35 Minutes

Prepare the artichoke for boiling. Cut approximately 1 & 1/2 inches off of the top. This allows you to trim the smaller leaves in one smooth step. Proceed with snipping off any other thorns on the larger leaves with scissors. This step is not necessary but makes enjoying your artichoke a heck-of-alot safer ;)

Cut the Artichoke in half. You can do this before or after boiling.

Ribbet collage

Boil the artichoke halves for approximately 15 minutes. Let stand for five minutes and use this time to season to your liking. I usually add salt, pepper, and a tablespoon of olive oil for each half. Drizzle with lemon for added flavor.

Place each half face down on the grill. This step should be measured on temperature of grill as well as personal preference but I typically grill my artichoke for about 15 minutes. Alternate between face down and face up to get an even flavor and texture all around.

Serve and enjoy!

Ribbet collage3
Dipping Sauce

Mix Together:

1/4 cup of Mayonnaise

2 TBS Balsamic Vinegar

1 comment:

  1. Artichokes are seriously my FAVORITE food! I love them best how my mom makes them: stands them on end and boils them for awhile, then we dip the leaves in melted butter and lemon, yum!

    Grilled, though? Those look FABULOUS.

    ReplyDelete